Grab your free ticket to listen to over 25 bestselling authors talk about becoming a bestselling author.
Today I’m going to share something pretty cool with you that I think will take your business to the next level.
But before I get to that, answer me this:
Why do most people want to write a book?
Let me explain the “most” part of that statement…
There’s a classic New York Times article from 2002 (old, yes, but still relevant!) by Joseph Epstein that shared results from a survey of Americans.
The survey found 81% of people had a book in them, and should write it.
Assuming that percentage holds true today, there are about 250,000,000 (that’s million) people in the USA alone who deeply want to write a book.
According to Bowker estimates, there were 625,327 books self-published in the United States in 2015.
I’ll save you some time and crunch the numbers for you:
Of all the people who want to write a book, only .2% ever publish (if we extrapolate this data to the rest of the world).
NOTE: this is VERY basic math, with several assumptions...but even if we doubled or tripled the number of self-published books, we’d be at less than 1%.
So why then do most people want to publish a book?
Well, for many, writing is a passion. Finally getting your name on a published book might be your dream since you were a kid.
(it was for me)
For others, it’s a livelihood. I can’t say for sure, but I’m sure a good percentage of those books published in 2015 were by authors with more than one book under their belt…
But those aren’t the only reason you should write and publish.
If you’re an entrepreneur, a freelancer, a consultant, a speaker, or just someone who wants to be known as an authority in your space, writing a book just might be the biggest thing you could do for your business and brand.
Publishing a book will:
- open the door to new clients and customers
- build your credibility and authority
- expand your audience and increase your influence
And no, this isn’t an exaggeration.
My friend and publisher, Jesse Krieger (founder of Lifestyle Entrepreneurs Press), has published and sold tens of thousands of books around the world from authors in numerous genres.
When it comes to his authors who are writing a book for business reasons, he says the results are the same, time after time.
If the author can get the book out there the right way (more on “right way” in a sec), it inevitably leads to:
- New clients
- New speaking gigs
- More press
- A greater perceived authority and expertise in the space (which means more of #1 through #3 above - a virtuous, self-cycle)
Okay, so maybe I’ve made the case for self-publishing…
The question is, how do you and I do it the “right way?”
I’ve told you a bit about my friend Jesse Krieger in the last two emails I shared.
He’s an international best-selling author. He has worked with 100+ authors, from all around the world, to help them achieve their dreams of writing and publishing their best-selling book.
And next week, Jesse is hosting the first-ever “Bestseller Summit Online.”
Click here to get your free ticket for the Bestseller Summit Online.
Jesse has invited over 30 best-selling authors and book marketing experts to join him at the Bestseller Summit Online, including:
- Steve Olsher → NY Times best-selling author of What is Your What, and creator of The Reinvention Workshop
- Ajit Nawalkha → co-founder of MindValley, Blinkwebinars, and Evercoach, and mentor of his private mastermind, Zentrepreneur
- Chandler Bolt → 6-time best-selling author and creator of Self Publishing School
- Guy Vincent → founder and CEO of Publishizer, a crowdfunding platform funded by 500 Startups
- Tom Morkes → founder of Insurgent Publishing, which ran the marketing campaigns for New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and dozens of Amazon bestsellers, including setting a record for #1 most funded Nonfiction book on Kickstarter (beating Seth Godin from the top spot)
- Dave Chesson → best-selling author, Amazon SEO expert, and founder of Kindlepreneur
- And many, many more
This is the first and only time all of these speakers will join together for one purpose: to show you how to write, publish, and most importantly, leverage your best-selling book to grow your business and brand.
You might be thinking to yourself, there are a lot of summits out there. What makes this one so special?
If I had to narrow it down, I think the top 3 reasons you need to attend this event are:
- Get cutting-edge strategies from authors and publishers who are walking-the-walk (so you can avoid costly mistakes and pitfalls)
- Get access to experts that would typically charge thousands of dollars for their time, right in the comfort of your own home (the only other option would be fork over $1,000+ to go to an in person seminar or conference...not to mention travel and hotel costs)
- Meet like-minded authors & entrepreneurs to connect and grow your business by interacting with Jesse and all the speakers during the summit, AND through an exclusive private Facebook group.
I truly believe writing a book could be a turning point for your business and/or brand.
That’s why you do NOT want to miss this event.
Click here to get access to the Bestseller Summit Online.
Remember, this event is FREE to register for but only for a limited time.
Make sure to claim your free spot while there is still time:
Once you sign up, make sure to ping me inside the FB group.
I’ll be there connecting with others and soaking up some great knowledge :D
That’s it for today.
Diane Mae Robinson
P.S. The Bestseller Summit Online kicks off next Monday, the 22nd. Grab your free seat NOW!